[Techtalk] Apache: different handlers in a directory

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Fri Mar 11 17:37:24 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 04:32:18 +1100, Mary wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005, John Clarke wrote:
> > Have you tried reversing the order i.e. putting exceptionScript first?
> > It's only a guess, but maybe Apache uses the first rather than best
> > match.
>
> Yes I have.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#files says:

Ah, I missed that.  This is even clearer:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/sections.html#mergin

and it made me think of another approach: try putting the <Files>
section inside the <Directory> section, e.g.:

    <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
        Options +ExecCGI
        <Files "exceptionScript">
            SetHandler cgi-script
        </Files>
    </Directory>

And you've probably already checked this, but just in case, make sure
you don't have any other <Files> sections which are overriding this one,
e.g. inside <VirtualHosts>.

Cheers,

John
--
The salesman said, "This is an honest-to-god _sheep_, really, pigs are
a totally different line," but it's hard not to notice that the new