[Techtalk] Cron problem

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Fri Mar 11 05:11:37 EST 2005

> 0 23 1-5 * * /bin/cp-allfiles.sh>>/root/mycronlog.
>
> It is my understanding that Monday through and
> including Friday evening at 11:30 pm the script will
> be run

You just got the fields mixed up: the third field is the day of the
month; the fifth field is the day of the week. So your cron job is
currently scheduled to run the first five days of every month - and it's
the tenth day of the month.

For more information: man 5 crontab (you have to include the 5, because
crontab(1) isn't quite so helpful).

--
    Many hacker groups, in anonymous interviews with Mi2g, have
    said that they prefer attacking Linux systems and very rarely