[Techtalk] [OT] web page keywords

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Wed Jun 15 20:02:39 EST 2005

On Wednesday 15 Jun 2005 3:08 pm, Dan wrote:
> I often see web sites that include this:

>         content="everything even vaguely related to the site">
>
> My question is: does any search engine (notably Google) actually
> use that, or are the web site makers just fooling themselves?

as far as i know, SEO is nothing but hype - the only two sure ways of
moving up in search engine rankings are:
1. you have a unique site which lots of people are visiting
2. you pay the search engine (either pay per click or some such thing)

This may sound cynical, but it is my practical experience. I would
prefer to answer a nigerian letter than to respond to all the SEO
claims I get in my mail.

--
regards
kg