[Techtalk] Web-hosting dilemma

Tamara Harpster tamara.harpster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 10:40:36 EST 2005

> >Thing is, of course, two people on this thread, including you, above,
> >have said "No, no, don't run your own server in your own house!  Run
> >away!  Run away!"

If you know what you are doing for server administration and security,
I'd say go for running a server in your house. It's if you don't feel
comfortable or don't have enough time (which I don't) that you should
consider outside hosting services. To me, that's what would make up
part of the decision. The other part would be the cost, which you've
already done the comparisons on. So, I'd say go for the box at home,
sounds like you're comfortable with administration and the costs of
running at home.

tamara

--
"Do not anger the dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"