[Techtalk] Different usage betweed df and du

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Wed Jul 13 22:51:02 EST 2005

Conor Daly wrote:

>I don't imagine this would cause Sue's space loss though (unless you deleted
>various logfiles??).

No, although I deleted some files that I wasn't sure what they were,
after the fact - to make space to save what I was working on.  (they
were things in /tmp and I think they were download log files or
something like that).  I assumed that they would not allow me to delete
them if they were needed, ie I assumed that they would have root
privileges if they were essential.

sue