[Techtalk] Does anyone use emacs for email?

Angelina Carlton brat at magma.ca
Mon Jul 4 10:20:12 EST 2005

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 10:36:21PM +0100, David Sumbler wrote:
> Angelina Carlton <brat at magma.ca> writes:
>
> > Anyway once a get a respectical gnus.el I will post and you can see if
> > it is ok?
>
> gnus.el is part of the Gnus distribution.  I think what you want is a
> .gnus file.

Hmm I am not sure what the Gnus distribution is, I did apt-get install
gnus but I will change my file to .gnus

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 01:14:47AM +0100, David Sumbler wrote:
> I forgot to mention - I use Fetchmail, Procmail and ~/mail .  Well, I
> now have procmail putting stuff into ~/Mail_folders, and Gnus itself
> is using ~/Mail, but it comes to the same thing.

I have right now with mutt, procmail and fetchmail and a Maildir format:

~/mail
~/mail/cur
~/mail/new
~/mail/tmp
~/mail/<mailinglistname> (about 15 of these each with cur/ tmp/ new/
inside them)

muttrc:
# Set my mail folder
set mbox_type=maildir
set mbox="~/mail/"
set spoolfile="~/mail/"
set folder="~/mail/"
set postponed="~/mail/postponed/"

So my when I make a .gnus, I point it to the same folder and use the
maildir backend?

Or make some new folders for gnus and let it use that?

I do not wish to have to run mutt to access my old mail, I would like
gnus to see my old mail and it will be easier to forget mutt :-)

thanks

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net