[Techtalk] reply-to on lists

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Sat Jan 29 19:49:25 EST 2005

hi,
i know that this topic is usually flame-bait on most lists, but i hope it will
be taken in the spirit intended. On some linuxchix lists, pressing reply
generates a reply to the poster and on others generates a reply to the list.
In my personal opinion, in members only lists, the best option is that the
default reply-to should be to the list. Especially here, as a male on a women
majority list, I find it a little embarassing to find that several of my
replies have gone to the poster and not to the list. Of course i should have
checked the 'to' address on the reply, but when dealing with a large volume
of mail, especially when engrossed in the subject, these things slip through
and i only realise much later when i find that my reply has not appeared on
the list.

I suggest that all linuxchix lists default to the reply-to list option
--
regards
kg

tally ho! http://avsap.sourceforge.net