[Techtalk] Removing Grub from MBR

Bruce McPeek bruce.mcpeek at vidiator.com
Sat Jan 22 04:25:18 EST 2005

Megan,

If you are looking to remove grub from the Windows ME disk, try getting
an bootable Windows DOS disk with fdisk.exe and try fdisk /mbr. This
should rewrite the MBR with the code Windows likes.

If you have the Windows ME disk and the SUSE disk in the same computer,
you may want to wait till someone with greater knowledge speaks up. As a
further caveat, this should work but are you prepared to have the
Windows ME disk require a clean Windows re-install should something go
wrong?

Bruce