[Techtalk] MythTV

MMP - Barb Fox mmp_fox at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 22 03:58:36 EST 2005

Our VCR just broke so my husband and I have decided it's time to go to a
hard disk recording solution. We are planning to set up a linux machine and
use MythTV.

Just wondering if any other chix have walked through this process.  Right
now we're selecting hardware and platform. My impressions so far:

Impression 1:
KnoppMyth would be the easiest implementation, but fewer hardware choices
that work.
My husband definitely wants to use the PVR-350 TV tuner card, and it looks
like many folks have had trouble with this in KnoppMyth.

Impression 2:
Installing MythTV on Mandrake may give us the most hardware options.

Factoid 3:
I'm most familiar with RedHat/Fedora, plus there's a lot of RPM's already
created, so that platform is attractive to me.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Barb Fox
mmp_fox at bellsouth.net