[Techtalk] Re: [prog] Threading in digest mode.

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sat Jan 22 03:09:13 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 09:29, Mary wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2005, Mary wrote:
> > > I noticed that in the batched Digest mode this does not happen and
> > > mails are batched, sent as and when received by the server.
> > > Question --Is it not possible for the same idea to be used in Digest
> > > mode too ( sort mails as per subject line/thread instead of time for a
> > > particular Batch and then send it ?)
> > > imho, it makes reading batched mails more easier :-)
>
> Yes it's possible, but I don't think our software (Mailman) supports it
> at the moment. So it's unlikely to be turned on for the LinuxChix lists
> unless someone gets inspired reading this and decides to hack on it
> themself.

That's basically it, yes. The software we're using doesn't currently
support it.

If anyone does want to add it to Mailman as a feature, please make it an
option that the user can set when they request digest mode - there will
be people who want unthreaded digests, as well as those who want
threaded digests.

Thanks.

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/