[Techtalk] Threading in digest mode.

||svaksha|| svaksha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 01:58:54 EST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:40:13 +0000, Conor Daly
<conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com> wrote:
> > In GMail all mails are sorted as "conversations" (same subject) which
> > we call threads.
> > I noticed that in the batched Digest mode this does not happen and
> > mails are batched, sent as and when received by the server.
> > Question --Is it not possible for the same idea to be used in Digest
> > mode too ( sort mails as per subject line/thread instead of time for a
> > particular Batch and then send it ?)
> > imho, it makes reading batched mails more easier :-)
>
> It may be that you need to 'unpack' a digest message before yuo can do
> such threading.  Have a look at "Telsa Gwynne's very own mail mangler" at
> http://zenii.linux.org.uk/~telsa/BitsAndPieces/procmailrc
> for info on procmail rules to split digests and so on.  I use a hacked
> copy of this with all my incoming mail.

thanks **all** for replying, it did help me u'stand a lot :) since i
dont use a mail manager to access mails. (maybe i'll try that !)..can
it be used on a dialup modem or not ?
i liked the digest mode since it does not send any attatchments and
just had to scroll down the page to read.
ciao,
|| svaksha ||