[Techtalk] why is Active X in web pages evil, but not Perl/PHP/Javascript?

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Thu Jan 20 05:24:43 EST 2005

I'd amend that to say "server-side scripting can help avoid browser
incompatibility"

You can still tell PHP to write javascript to send to the browser, you
can also write badly mangled HTML with PHP/Perl.

It helps, but the output you send to the browser still needs to be
compatible with all browsers.

Laura