[Techtalk] Re: Helpdesk

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Fri Jan 14 07:42:49 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:19:35AM +0000, linuxgirlie wrote:
> At the moment we are using Help Center Live - www.helpcenterlive.com
>
> I think this does all that you want?!? I find it very through for
> something that is free ;)

It looks interesting, but it seems to concentrate on live online support (e.g.
chat). I looked at the demo, but the trouble ticket system seems to be very sparse.
Also, I noticed that 2.0 won't include trouble tickets at all (but will have a
plug-in facility that will allow someone to write a trouble ticket module).

Do you use trouble tickets much, and does it work well for that? Or do you mostly
do live support?

Thanks!

Jen