[Techtalk] download_script.php with wget

Gretchen Dziengel gretchen at gretchenann.com
Tue Jan 11 10:26:50 EST 2005

When I have some down time at work, I log in to my home computer to play
around with Linux stuff.  Lots of times I like to download files to my
home computer with wget.  Works great most of the time.  I copy the link
right into putty.  The problem is with urls such as:
http://www.vim.org/scripts/download_script.php?src_id=3576

That downloads a file called "download_script.php?src_id3576"  That file
is not the file I've tried to download either.

I've googled and checked the wget mail archives but I'm not sure if I'm
using the correct search terms.  Can anyone give me a hint on how to
handle this?  More and more sites seem to be doing it.

Gretchen