[Techtalk] What is you backup strategy for home use?

Angelina Carlton brat at magma.ca
Tue Feb 22 02:37:51 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:44:58AM +0000, conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com wrote:

> I export /home from the server by nfs so there's only one /home to backup.

I would love to use NFS and keep the same ~/ on all my comouters but
two of them are laptops and are away from the network.

> I use mondoarchive for the server at work.  It produces a bootable CD set
> that restores from bare metal.  It's pretty versatile, using CDR{W}, DVD,
> hard disk, network drives, tape as backup media so it will fit with pretty
> much any data size.  http://www.mondorescue.org and yes, debian is
> supported.

Yep that looks good too! I am still waiting for the hardware I need to
add to my backup servers so I will have time to install mondorescue
and rdiff-backup and compare.

Thanks for the script Conor I can definately fiddle with that to suit
my needs.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

--
Angelina Carlton