[Techtalk] running kppp when not logged in as root

Wolfgang Petzold petzold at villa-chaos.de
Tue Aug 30 17:59:11 EST 2005

Linda Y. Kuo:
>    With an email from another person on this mailing list
>    and better choice of search words on Google, I was able to
>    find a solution.

Linda,

would you (and that `other person', for that matter) mind to post the
solution to the list so that other people eventually searching this
list's archives would be able to find it? Please.

My suggestion would have been to have the kppp binary owned by a user
group "dialout" and to add users who are to be allowed to access kppp to
that group---maybe that was the solution you got already, maybe not, I
can't say. Please let me know if I should add more details.

All the best
Wolfgang