[Techtalk] Linux and home Internet connections

Listpig listpig at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 29 02:17:52 EST 2005

If all someone has is a cellphone, and they don't have voice mail set up,
then I do find it obnoxious to be in a situation of "I need information from
you, but I'm going to make you have to try repeatedly to track me down to
give it to me," i.e., they want me to tell  them something but make it
difficult to find them to do so.  Not obnoxious but irksome is when I need
to ask/tell them something and the same thing applies.

If they have voice mail set up or an alternate contact method (email,
landline), then I could care less if I get to talk to them just then, as
long as I can convey the information/question without having to try every
couple of hours for a couple of days.

(And I'll admit if it's them wanting the information and it doesn't affect
what I'm doing whether they get it or not, I'm only going to try once or
twice.  After that, it's their problem.)

--pig