[Techtalk] Linux and home Internet connections

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Mon Aug 22 20:57:44 EST 2005

I live in the UK, and I'm planning on getting a home Internet connection
for a Linux box - not a permanent connection, just something I would use
a few times a week for web surfing.

I have some questions before starting:
1) What type of connection is easiest to setup/configure (e.g., ADSL)?
Is there any that uses a standard network cable and DHCP?
2) Can anyone with needs similar to mine recommend an ISP?
3) Is any Linux distro particularly friendly to Internet connections?

Whatever we undertake, it's best to first consult people who have
already done it, so I'm interested in your general input as well.

--
    I don't think Microsoft is evil in itself; I just think that
    they make really crappy operating systems.