[Techtalk] Web site setup

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Fri Apr 22 21:46:42 EST 2005

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. They were all good ideas.

Because of the particularities of our situation, I've decided to use
Apache's URI rewriting module, like this:

RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_URI}     /condition/
RewriteRule  ^(.*)$             /cgi-bin/main.php/$1      [last,QSA]

The main.php script then uses the PATH_INFO variable to figure out what
page was requested.

By the way, it seems that Apache automatically protects you against URIs
like /../../../etc/passwd. It issues a redirect to the browser instead
of servicing the request. Maybe it's new to Apache 2; I don't know.

--
 The evidence in support of [global cooling] has now begun to
 accumulate so massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to