[Techtalk] tripwire and Enterprise red hat woes

MMP - Barb Fox mmp_fox at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 23 09:43:50 EST 2004

Had a problem similar when I had the wrong version of tripwire loaded for
my O/S.
I simply removed the old tripwire (rpm -e), cleaned out /usr/local/lib/tw*,
then reinstalled.
With a clean install and config you just
# sh twinstall.sh
# tripwire --init

If you already have an old tw.cf in place that you want utilized, you'll
need to do a
twadmin command to UPDATE the policies based on your new twcfg.txt file.

Barb Fox
mmp_fox at bellsouth.net