[Techtalk] kernel compiled no keyboard not found - toshiba/ slackware 9.1

Christine Bussman olearyck at parpiped.geek-den.net
Thu Sep 23 19:58:27 EST 2004

Noir wrote:

>Compiled the kernel from 2.4.22 to 2.6.6 - everything
>works fine - the system boots up perfectly upto the
>login prompt. But the keys on the laptop don't work.
>
>OS: Slackware 9.1
>Keyboard worked on kernel 2.4.22? : yes, it did.
>One error it gives is: cardmgr not found!

Here's something to try:  when it seems like the keyboard is dead, hit
the up arrow key.  I'm having a similar problem with my notebook.
Sometimes when I boot it, the keyboard doesn't work (kernel 2.6.8.1).
It always starts to work again when I hit the up arrow key, though.  I'm
still working on finding a solution so I don't have to mess with this,
but it makes the computer much more useable than without a keyboard :)

HTH,
Christine