[Techtalk] questions re installing gcc-3.4.2

Jaroslaw Fedevych (UALUG jaroslaw at linux.org.ua
Wed Sep 22 17:23:39 EST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 06:58:07AM -0700, Darlene Wallach wrote:

> So since I'm compiling gcc from scratch, I should
> download gcc-core too?

Nope. gcc-x.x.x will contain everything needed, and core, g++, ada,
f77 et al. are for those wishing to not build all compilers
in the gcc collection (as I've already told somewhere upthread)
and to not waste their bandwidth.

BTW, you can refer to the Linux From Scratch book,
part 6, for brief and working advice on how to compile gcc.

P.S. List admins, please do something to the List-Id field,
it is horribly malformed!

--
X Windows: It could be worse, but it'll take time.