[Techtalk] FC2 stopped booting

EevaJärvinen eeva.jarvinen1 at luukku.com
Sat Sep 18 12:10:50 EST 2004

It might be your initrd is corrupted, or rather, not corrupted but
just not right for your kernel+modules+partition configuration.  What
exactly does your screen show when it's locked up?  Does it complain
about a missing init?  Or a missing root?

I managed to lock up a FC1 system by messing around with its
partitioning (I resized the root filesystem), and I managed to fix it
by booting into rescue mode with installation cds and running mkinitrd
anew for all of the different kernels installed.  I also had to fiddle
around with grub's configuration files.  The computer is at work now,
but I can check what I did if you like next tuesday, when I'm around
that particular machine.

Eeva

--
Nätti tekee maailmaa nätimmäksi/ luonnollinen karisma on se niksi

                                                     - Jukka Poika