[Techtalk] mailman stopped mailing

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Sep 15 08:32:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:49:23 -0400
Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 07:19:31AM -0700, Raquel Rice wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:38:04 -0400
> > Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com> wrote:
> > > What do the mailman logs say?  What about your mailserver
> > > logs? The incoming message should be logged somewhere if it's
> > > made it to the machine.
> >
> > Have you gotten that list working yet?
>
> As far as I can see the message isn't showing up on the mail
> server where the list is. If I send the message from that machine
> everything goes through just fine. My laptop says that the email
> is leaving correctly, so I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem
> with my ISP?
>
> emma

I can't think of any reason that your ISP could be having a problem
except maybe a SPAM filter gone crazy.

Are you running your own SMTP server or are you sending through your
ISP?

If you're on good terms with the staff of your ISP, maybe you can
ask them to check their logs as you try sending a message.  At one
point I had a very good ISP who would do anything I asked ... within
reason.

--
Raquel