[Techtalk] APT-PROXY (config problems?!)

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Sat Sep 4 07:41:24 EST 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:42:09PM +0200, kim carstens wrote:
> hello Kathryn
>
> well, belive it or not, i seem to have found the rascal!
> it seems to be running
>
> but i have problems with the download of backport files
>
> this is in the apt-proxy.conf:
> add_backend /backports/                                 \
>         $APT_PROXY_CACHE/backports/                     \
>         http://www.backports.org/debian/
>
> this is in sources.file on the client:
>
> # backports
> deb http://garcon.linbit.com:9999/backports stable
>
> and this is the line (also the one you asked for)
> E: Malformed line 32 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)
>
> this was in the sources.list before apt-proxy was installed, and it worked
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable  -with what ever package-

What do you mean by "-with what ever package-"?
Was that on the line too?

You might want to try

deb http://garcon.linbit.com:9999/backports stable main

because it might follow the same pattern as the main debian
repositories.  (I'm not familiar with backport)

[huge snip of included previous message -- please remember to delete
these in future, for the sake of people who read digests and/or people
with chronic wrist and/or shoulder pain...]

Kathryn Andersen