[Techtalk] backup - tar

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Wed Sep 1 17:42:24 EST 2004

Thanks for all of the great advice and explanations Travis.  I didn't
mean to say all when refering to the list of backup software, I meant
lots, I should know to be more precise...

Maybe there is a way to write a script that would list all directories
that first letter is a-m and output it to a file, same for n-z.  That
would get around the human error element of dividing home in half.
Unfortunately looking at man ls, I don't see an easy way of doing this.

cheers,
maria