[Techtalk] copying similar files in one command

percila orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Sun Oct 31 22:21:38 EST 2004

I need help with the cp command.
Sometimes I'm have to copy a lot of files that
have something in thier names in common.
For example, if they all have the word "ed" in them.
/home/ed/ ls -l | grep "ed"  displays all the files with the word
"ed" in them within that directory /home/ed/
I want to copy those files to the directory  /usr/temp
Can I copy them all with one command? What might
that be?
As it is now, I'd have to spend 10 or more minutes typeing
away like a fiend to get it done. Any suggestions would
be welcome!