[Techtalk] Politeness and the purpose of Techtalk

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Oct 28 14:37:27 EST 2004

<borrows that list admin hat from Val for a sec...>

I definitely second Val's statement that if you're bothered by someone
you SHOULD mention it to an admin.  We don't know how people feel if
you don't tell us, and I find often when I ask people have comments
they wanted to make but didn't.  But I'm not on IRC much lately and
haven't been doing as  much off-list communication as I used to, so I
haven't been able to solicit comments from people.

And to Val and Carla's good comments, I'd also like to remind people
that they can reach the admins of any linuxchix list by using the email
alias

LISTNAME-owner at linuxchix.org

So for techtalk, this would be techtalk-owner at linuxchix.org.

If your concern is with one of the admins (we're human, you're allowed
to not like us all), or there's an admin who you're not comfy talking
to for any reason, you can also find out our individual addresses
through the web interface, which can be found at

Or, for this list: