[Techtalk] PDF to txt

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Oct 23 16:30:33 EST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 11:36 PM, Alvin Goats wrote:

> There is NO way to convert these directly to text. As for outputing to
> graphic and using an OCR, I've never been successful doing so. Most use
> strange graphic formats with incompatable pixel resolution.

For that sort of thing, I've found that screen capturing the
appropriate works better than trying to convert... But it's been ages
since I did this.  I suspect if I were to do it now, I'd use the very
nice "preview" program that comes with Mac OS X, since it seems to do
quite a nice job of converting pdfs to images with minimal ickyness.