[Techtalk] FREENIX deadline 10/22/04

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:44:13 EST 2004

I'm on the program committee for FREENIX '05:

http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix05/cfp/freenix.html

>From the CFP:

"Any project with a focus on software that is redistributable in
source-code form and available online is a good candidate for a
FREENIX submission."

We're looking for more than just "I wrote this cool new system" -
experience with open source, novel uses of open source, and community
aspects are all topics of interest.  A 4-5 page extended abstract is
due by October 22, 2004, with a full paper to follow.

Please contact me personally if you have any questions - is my idea
appropriate, what is an abstract, etc.  We want the best submissions
possible, and we need our submissions to make that goal a reality.

Thanks!

-VAL