[Techtalk] can Linux be loaded on 2 HDD in same m/c

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 15 00:11:05 EST 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 23:54, Kali wrote:

> i have 2 HDD and want to partition the 80gb hdd1 in 3 parts and load
> 1-Windows, 2-Windowsbackup  and 3-Linux.  On HDD2 i want to install
> only Linux. My question is can  Linux be loaded on 2 HDD in the same
> m/c.

It's not quite clear what you're trying to do here...

a) Have one Linux installation, which is using partitions on multiple
drives.  That's both possible and extremely easy to do.

b) Have two Linux installations, on two different drives.  That's also
possible, but a tiny bit harder to set up, since you have to let LILO, GRUB,
or whatever other boot manager you're using know about both of them.

So, the answer is definitely yes, but the details of what you'll need to do
to make it work differ depending on whether it's A or B that you want.

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>