[Techtalk] stupid network problem/new to list

MMP - Barb Fox mmp_fox at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 22 12:38:59 EST 2004

I didn't see any mention of resolv.conf.  This file should contain a line
which identifies who hp should ask if it doesn't have an IP for a hostname.

nameserver 192.168.100.200

If this is the problem, then you should still be able to talk to machines
on the internet by IP address, just not by name. After making this
change, then you should be able to get anywhere by name.

Barb Fox
mmp_fox at bellsouth.net