[Techtalk] Newbie & crontab

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Tue Nov 16 19:35:27 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 09:09:40AM +0100 or thereabouts, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>  --- Conor Daly <conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com>
> escribió:
> > ICK!! Got that wrong!  It's more like this:
> >
> > o echo '#!/bin/bash' > myscript
> > o echo "PATH="$PATH >> myscript
> > o vi myscript
>
> Wouldn't it be also needed an "export PATH" command in
> case some other commands are called that could need
> the PATH environment variable, or am I wrong?

While I'm not entirely clear on what 'export' does, it's not necessary here.
Once I set PATH in my script, anything that script calls will get $PATH as
set.  'export PATH' is used where you wish a variable to persist after the
script has run.  However, I can't seem to make that happen...

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.