[Techtalk] PHP to open a web page?

Megan Golding mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Nov 13 10:50:30 EST 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:33:42AM -0500, Teri Solow wrote:
> Megan Golding imparted (2004-11-12 @ 14:58:58 +0000):
> > I must be thinking about this problem wrong because
> > I can't find anything on how to do this one thing
> > with PHP. Here's what I want to do, in pseudo code:
> >
> > if (some_variable == some_value)
> >   pull up some web page
> > else
> >   pull up some other web page
> >

> I don't think I really understand your question, but if you are trying
> to do what I _think_ you are, there are serveral ways of doing it, one
> of which is:

<snip solution>
Yes, that's basically it. Now that I've seen your suggestion
and a few others, I realize I need a simple php include statement:

if (condition)
   include page1.html
else
  include page2.html

Duh! I was looking for a much harder solution than this problem needed.

Thanks to everyone who suggested a way to do this!

Megan Golding

--
Life with Rachel, one mom's journey: http://www.kalamitykat.com

AIM: meganau  Yahoo!: meggolding  email: mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org