[Techtalk] Redhat certification of value?

Vatsan Madhavan vatsan at grove.ufl.edu
Thu Nov 11 20:45:52 EST 2004

My 2c -

If you are new to the subject, certifications are a great way of learning in
a structured manner (and you also get something to show at the end of the
day). This is esp. true for slightly non-trivial studies. Irrespective of
its value in the job market, certifications do have some intrinsic value.
Sure, the system can be conned. But if you choose not to, I think you will
end up learning a lot.

--Vatsan