[Techtalk] Politeness and the purpose of Techtalk

Finne Boonen hennar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:14:07 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 05:01:31 -0500, Lee <lnx at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hi Friends..
> I'm curious as to how ya'll on this list, if ya'll do, get to windows
> programs. Win4Lin, VmWare(pricey?)..or wine perhaps..what's the popular mode
> of transportation here..or perhaps there's some program I don't know about..

I crossover MS Word, wich is about the only windows program I really
use, because the spellingcheck is better then in OO.o or abiword
(haven't tried kword the last 2 years, so it might have gotten
better). In my experience lot's of linux software is badly translated,
and this is most obvious in spellingcheck programs. (offcourse, I only
have experience in the dutch language, wich it seems is often
translated by ppl from The Netherlands, wich speak a different version
of Dutch then Belgian ppl do).

Finne