Spare computers (was Re: [Techtalk] New to the list)

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Wed Nov 3 20:48:22 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 02:44:58PM -0600 or thereabouts, Meredith L. Patterson wrote:

> Surplus equipment is just that -- it's at the end of its lifecycle as
> far as the organisation that bought it is concerned, and all they want
> now is to get rid of it and maybe recoup a few bucks. With that
> attitude, their trash can become your treasure for next to nothing. :)

Don't forget that, in many countries, they cannot simply dump computer
equipment but have to pay to have it recycled.  Offering to take stuff away
to 'save them the recycling costs' might itself be effective...

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.