[Techtalk] Apache 2.x and PHP

Julia Christianson juliac at patriot.net
Wed May 26 23:24:15 EST 2004

I wonder if someone can tell me why so many people are still using
Apache 1.x, even though 2.x has been out for at least a couple of years
now?  The question arises in the context of PHP, whose website still
says "Warning: Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment
neither on Unix nor on Windows."  Google didn't give me much more than
that (which surprised me).  We're in the process of setting up a new
webserver using Fedora (probably 2.0) and two of my essential apps use
PHP.  Apache 2.0 seems to fix some issues that have been a problem under
1.x but I don't want to trade those for a whole raft of new ones.

TIA,

-- Julia