[Techtalk] [OT] Solaris umask and ftp

Conor Daly conor.daly at met.ie
Tue May 18 17:00:10 EST 2004

Solaris ftp server on SunOS 5.7.  I have a user 'incoming' with a shell of
'/dev/null' that recieves files by ftp.  I want to set a umask of 002 for
incoming files.  Can I do this?  Do I have to do it at the ftpd config or do
I need a different shell for user 'incoming'?

Conor
--
Conor Daly,                   Please avoid sending me
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,  Word or PowerPoint attachments.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.