[Techtalk] script for adding users

wendy wendy.mores at laposte.net
Sun May 9 20:39:12 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 10:34, Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Saturday 08 May 2004 5:07 pm, wendy wrote:
> > Anybody know of an easy way to add 100 users to linux?  I was thinking
> > in terms of maybe a bash script calling on a spreadsheet file with
> > username and password.

Thanks to all for your responses. Since I already had the passwords made
up and they're going to remain the same, I used the newusers command.
Lovely little command that one.

I've printed out the techtalkers script and filed it under extremely
important. Wish I had asked earlier before I spent so much time trying
to generate random passwords for the accounts.  This will no doubt come
in very handy.

Just a question...if I didn't want the passwords to expire, could I just
comment out:

system("/usr/bin/chage -M 90 -d %s %s" % (olddate, username))

?

Thanks
Wendy