[Techtalk] Java textbook recommendations

Berenice Chong showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 01:22:44 EST 2004

I'm studying java as part of my course this year and I'm looking for
a good introductory book that has no-nonsense explanations of java
features like looping, exception handling etc and how to use them
properly. The textbook we're using by Joyce Farrell) is one of the
worst I've come across and to make matters worse, the lecturers don't
cover the chapters in sequential order.

Apart from the online java tutorials, can anyone recommend some
books?

Thanks

Berenice