[Techtalk] Evolution

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 15:14:42 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 04:29:38PM -0500 or thereabouts, WeeBit
wrote:
> I am having trouble with fonts in the email apps.   So far....
> One wont change the font size in the "inbox"  another will but
> I can't get rid of the dark blue color that is highlighting
> every other message.   Another one will change only the

I don't actually use a GUI mailer, but I know that you can
definitely change these things. Somewhere.

> titlebar and the message itself.  HELP!  I am half blind and
> can't see.  I need to change the font to no less than a size 14
> for ALL areas of the app.  Or else I cant see it and have to
> continue on with my magnifying glass here which is a pain in
> the butt.  All suggestions are welcomed, even a new email app
> is at this point.  I am using mandrake 9.1 with KDE.

Ah. I am using Fedora Core with Gnome. However, I am sure KDE
and Mandrake between them will have something similar. In
Gnome on Fedora, I go from the main menu to settings to fonts.

This gives me a dialogue box. On the "advanced" tab, there
is a box for resolution where there is a box with the number,
measured in dpi (dots per inch). Doubling this from (say)
100 to 200 doubles the size of pretty much everything to
accomodate much larger fonts everywhere.

So I don't know how you translate this into Mandrake or
KDE terms, but looking for something measured in dpi and
whacking it up much higher may help.

There is also a gnome-mag programme which I haven't
really played with; but it may help. I think KDE is
adding accessibility tools so there may well be a KDE
version too.

Telsa