[Techtalk] Opinions on Intranet / Groupware / Forum software

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Mar 21 03:50:27 EST 2004

I'm setting up an Intranet for a community group I'm involved with, and am
trying to work out what pieces to put into the setup.

The problem is not the lack of software.  It is too many choices.

For the 'do everything' type of solutions I'm currently looking at Plone and
Mimerdesk.  I'm sure there are about another 50 others I should look at.

I'm also considering building it from separate 'pieces', since I already have
a few stand-alone CMS (MySource, OpenCMS etc) and DMS components (MyDMS, Owl
etc).  In which case I think the main thing missing is a good Forum
component.

Anyway, really just looking for suggestions along the lines of 'Xyz is good'
so I can narrow the focus a little.  All the components need to be usable by
the non-computer literate.  Initial setup can be of course be more complex.
:-)

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--