Remote X applications (Re: [Techtalk] Re: Discovering my IP address)

John Clarke johnc+linuxchix at kirriwa.net
Mon Mar 15 17:33:07 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:31:19PM +1100, Sue Stones wrote:

> I will have a go at ssh, which I haven't used before.  Thanks Mary, and John.
> I presume I can find some instructions on ssh somewehre fairly easily.

If sshd is running on the remote server and supports password
authentication, simply running:

    ssh remote_user at remote_host

should ask you for your password and give you a remote shell.  You may
need to add '-X' to enable X11 forwarding.

Cheers,

John
--
If you're really good at math, "telnet server 22" works OK.
            -- Joe Moore