[Techtalk] Mailman not playing nicely

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Mar 9 12:54:00 EST 2004

Chip Cuccio said:
> Two things to check;
>     - Make certain the group ownership of your mailman directory trees
>       and their contents are owned by the same user/group that your
> Mailman
>       daemon runs as.

I have it working now. I'll need to check to see what ended up helping. I
know I did a few things:

Check the processes (ps aux) to confirm that qrunner is being run by the
"list" user.

1) create a user "list" and a group "list" (it was already created,
because of the user)--I thought I had done this before for the initial
install, but I did it again, (I think I deleted the old "list" user first)
2) chown -R list /usr/lib/mailman
3) chgrp -R www-data /usr/lib/mailman
4) chown -R list /var/lib/mailman
5) chgrp -R list /var/lib/mailman
6) recreate the mailing lists (rmlist, newlist) to get the "right" format
for 2.1.4
7) create the new required "mailman" list
8) edit /etc/aliases to hold the new pointers
9) newaliases
10) stop/start mailman
11) stop/start apache (for the web interface)
12) stop/start postfix

I *think* that's everything that I did....

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
Xtrinsic