[Techtalk] Using Debian Testing (Sarge) on production servers

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sat Mar 6 14:01:26 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004, Carla Schroder wrote:
> What security fixes? Stable gets the highest priority, Testing gets security
> fixes rather slowly, and Unstable gets none.

I was under the impression the last two were the other way around:
"unstable get security fixes rather more slowly, and testing gets none
-- until they propagate from unstable". Propogation has no time frame
though: it could be months.

The last discussion I saw about testing security updates was "this isn't
Debian policy, it's just that noone has volunteered to coordinate/do
security uploads for testing."

-Mary