[Techtalk] tar xfvj

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 2 18:30:10 EST 2004

Quoting Aaron Malone <aaron at munge.net>:
> info also supports emacs-style searching with C-s (that's control-s for
> those who don't use emacs) and C-r.

But how do you invoke info from within emacs. Actually I can kind of
do it - but am not getting the one thing for which I use info rather
than man. If I do 'M-x info', I don't see date as one of the things I
can read about. But 'info date' from an xterm, gives me all the info
pages describing the wierd and wonderful world of the 'date' command.

I suspect I need to set some whacky emacs variable to know where the
info pages for date live (if I can find them myself).

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu