[Techtalk] meh... stoopid apple...

Evilpig evilpig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:50:03 EST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:33:47 -0400, Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com> wrote:

> It doesn't work on mine, so I guess this isn't a universal problem.
>
> How very odd.

I tested it on my 3 Macs this morning (dual G4 tower, B&W G3, 17"
Powerbook).  All are running 10.3.4 (fully patched).  It worked on two
of them, but didn't work on the other.  It later occurred to me that
that was because the provided call to "strings" specified string
lengths of 8 characters or more, and my password for the other machine
was 7 characters.  Switching the call to "strings -7 ....." did indeed
find it.

- Colleen