[Techtalk] monitor cycling on & off

gab gab at gorge.net
Sat Jun 26 08:34:44 EST 2004

I have an NEC MultiSync P750.  It's still my favorite monitor even
though it's almost a decade old.  Recently, it's starting cycling on &
off instead of going into sleep mode. This is going to kill the monitor
in short order, I'm sure.  I had not installed/upgraded anything when it
started doing this.  There's nothing freaky in my logs.  I have *no
idea* where to even start with troubleshooting & I'm not having any luck
with google.  RH9, Gnome Desktop, Radeon AllinOneder 9700.

Thanks for any tips!

gabrielle