[Techtalk] winmodem hsfconfig problem [solved]

gebhard dettmar gebhard.dettmar at student.hu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 13 00:06:15 EST 2004

On Saturday 12 June 2004 18:10, Almut Behrens wrote:
> This is occasionally caused by a trailing carriage-return character
> (ASCII 13) in the shebang line. In this case, the loader would try
> to look for an interpreter "/bin/sh\r", which of course doesn't
> exist. (note the \r  ^^ )
Exactly. After performing Devdas' perl-script hsfconfig was executed.
It just didn't work (because it was the hsf- not hcf-drivers.)
> This typically happens when, at some time, Windows was involved
> while editing or transferring the file (e.g. FTP-downloading the
> script under Windows in FTP ASCII mode, or something like that...).
Strangely enough this didn't occur with the hcf-drivers Eeva
suggested, allthough it was downloaded the same way as the hsf-ones.
less -u showed no ^M
Okay I got it working now. Thanks to everyone
regards gebhard